Administrative Assistant, Mozambique
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION & JOB PURPOSE
The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide overall operational and logistical support to the International Youth Foundation (IYF) Mozambique office. Specific duties include secretarial, logistical, and other required administrative support. In addition, this position will provide front desk reception support, assist in routine office tasks, and maintain office files.
The Administrative Assistant will be based in Maputo, Mozambique. The ideal candidate will be a person with a commitment to international development and a values-driven work environment, with experience providing front desk administrative support in Mozambique.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide front desk reception support, assist with routine office functions, and maintain files.
- Handle all in-coming telephone calls, distribute and route mail and to appropriate staff for action, information, or follow up.
- Provide coordination for all matters related to the operations and administration of the Maputo, Mozambique, office to ensure an effective and efficient work environment.
- Provide ongoing operational and logistical support including secretarial support to the IYF Mozambique office and programs.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings; assist in planning and logistics for technical workshops, offsite meetings and stakeholder events; and interface with vendors, printers, consultants, and others as necessary.
- Coordinate travel itineraries, airfare ticketing, hotel reservations, and other travel logistics for staff, visitors, and consultants.
- Keep track of stock of office supplies and assist in ordering new supplies and other office needs.
- Assist with office space and equipment maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Maintain updated staff directory and office calendars.
- Create, update, and maintain a filing system for project reports, briefs, brochures, and other project related documents for quick reference and easy accessibility.
- Assist in logistics and procurement needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to Finance & Accounting Manager based in Maputo, Mozambique.
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience
- Experience in logistics
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and internet usage
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Portuguese and English
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international team
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform
Please submit your CV to email@example.com and indicate the position you are applying to in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed as received. Mozambique nationals are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please. To be considered for this position please follow application instructions.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.