Administrative Assistant, Kazakhstan
The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide overall operational and logistical support to the International Youth Foundation (IYF) Kazakhstan office. Specific duties include secretarial, logistical and other required administrative support. In addition, this position will provide front desk reception support, assist in routine office tasks, and maintain office files.
The Administration Assistant will be based in Atyrau, Kazakhstan. The ideal candidate will be a person with a commitment to international development and values-driven work environment, with experience providing front desk administrative support in Kazakhstan.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide front desk reception support, assist with routine office functions, and maintain files.
- Handle all in-coming telephone calls, distribute mail, and route to appropriate staff for action, information, or follow up.
- Provide coordination for all matters related to the operations and administration of the office to ensure an effective and efficient work environment.
- Provide ongoing operational and logistical support, including secretarial support to the office and programs.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings; assist in planning and logistics for technical workshops, offsite meetings and stakeholder events; and interface with vendors, printers, consultants, and others as necessary.
- Coordinate travel itineraries, airfare ticketing, hotel reservations, and other travel logistics for staff, visitors, and consultants.
- Keep track of stock of office supplies and assist in ordering new supplies and other office needs.
- Assist with office space and equipment maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Maintain updated staff directory and office calendars.
- Create, update, and maintain a filing system for project reports, briefs, brochures, and other project related documents for quick reference and easy accessibility.
- Assist in logistics and procurement needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to Program Director based in Atyrau, Kazakhstan.
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience
- Experience in logistics
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, Kazakh, and Russian required
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and Internet usage
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform
Please submit the following documents in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Kazakhstan – AA" in the subject line by 15 June 2017:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
Applications will be reviewed as received. This is a local hire position in Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan nationals are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please. To be considered for this position, please follow application instructions above.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.