Deputy Regional Director, Middle East, Jordan
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION & JOB PURPOSE
The International Youth Foundation (IYF), a global nonprofit organization that works to improve the lives and conditions of young people worldwide, is seeking a Deputy Regional Director to support the Regional Director in financial oversight, administration management, partnership development, and the effective execution of IYF’s programs in Jordan and select activities in the Middle East region. The duration of the this position will be until the end of 2017 (4-5 months). Renewal of contract will be considered. The Deputy Regional Director will also work with the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) Partnership Development (PD) team in Baltimore, MD USA to support business development activities as needed.
This full-time position will be based in Amman, Jordan.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide overall oversight of financial management, accounting, and administration of IYF Jordan and Middle East Regional office.
- Supervise Finance & Administration Manager.
- Ensure compliance with IYF policies and procedures, as well as compliance with the terms and conditions of any donor agreements governing programs.
- Partnership Development
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive list of potential donors/clients in alignment with IYF’s capabilities/strengths ranked by importance/potential for success.
- Organize and participate, along with IYF Jordan’s Management Team and/or visiting Baltimore staff when relevant, in meetings with targeted potential donors and funders, to collect information about donor priority areas, potential opportunities, and funding mechanisms.
- Identify funding opportunities, especially those locally announced in Jordan, and support specific partnership development efforts including:
- Collecting and analyzing any relevant documentation from donor websites such as RFPs/RFAs, FAQs, templates, and provide preliminary recommendations on next steps/priority actions;
- Obtaining specific information/intelligence for the identified opportunity (such as monetary value, scope of work, timing of procurement release, and any requirements for the proposal) through desk research, targeted in-person meeting(s) and phone calls with donors/clients;
- Brainstorming “win themes,” customized solutions, and proposed interventions with regards to donor interests and priorities and IYF past performance/capabilities;
- Participating in writing and reviews of the proposal, incorporating feedback, and ensuring that the document is compliant with and responsive to the solicitation requirements; and
- Working on the above tasks/activities in collaboration with the Baltimore-based MENA Partnership Development team and support other MENA BD related partnership development activities as needed.
Regional Director, Middle East
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in development with substantial financial management and/or program management skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of the youth development sector in Jordan.
- Knowledge of/experience with programs that support youth employment and/or social services (e.g. education, health, youth, development) and/or youth agency preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field or an equivalent level of experience.
- Strong oral and written English and Arabic communication skills. The ability to work effectively in cross-cultural settings and to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent strategic planning, presentation, team-building and interpersonal skills, as well an analytical ability to identify and establish priorities.
- Ability to advocate and liaise with a variety of donors (corporations, foundations, multi- and bilateral agencies).
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Please submit the following documents in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Jordan – Deputy Regional Director, ME” in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
Applications will be reviewed as received. Jordanian nationals are encouraged to apply.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.