Finance & Administration Manager, Kazakhstan
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION & JOB PURPOSE
The primary responsibility of this position will be financial and office administration of the IYF Kazakhstan office under the technical supervision of the Director of International Finance and Administration based out of the USA headquarters and and daily oversight of the Country Director based in Atyrau, Kazakhstan.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all aspects of Kazakhstan office financial management and accounting
- Ensures compliance and consistency with IYF policies and procedures, as well as compliance with the terms and conditions of any donor agreements governing the work in the office
- Supports the awareness and prevention of fraud, bribery and corruption; reports any suspected misconduct to IYF USA; assists with periodic risk assessments and trainings
- Records and accounts for daily transactions in QuickBooks accounting software
- Submits monthly documentation to IYF USA for month-end closing
- Serves as petty cash custodian
- Processes cash disbursements in accordance with financial management policies and established approval levels
- Processes payroll, collects timesheets, remits tax and other government contributions, and reports to local agencies
- Responsible for full accounts payable function from procurement through payment
- Process employee expense reimbursements
- Ensures timely payment to all IYF payees and maintains sufficient and complete payee files.
- Prepares and submits monthly VAT reports and requests for reimbursement
- Maintains monthly schedules, including inventory, Paid-Time-Off (PTO) tracking, etc.
- Responsible for procurement activities in accordance with IYF procurement policy.
- Oversees sub-grantee/sub-contractor financial management and monitoring
- Reviews budgets and financial reports
- Identifies technical assistance and capacity building needs, and implements appropriate compliance controls in response to risks
- Manages all matters related to the operations and administration of the office
- Ensures registration requirements are kept current at all times and files statutory returns
- Oversees administration of human resources
- Carries out any other tasks as assigned by the Country Director and Director, International Finance & Administration at IYF-USA
Technical supervision and oversight of finance, accounting, and administration duties will be provided by the Director of International Finance and Administration based out of the USA headquarters and and daily oversight will be provided by the Country Director based in Atyrau, Kazakhstan.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 7 years experience working in the Country Finance Officer role
- 3-5 years experience providing administrative support, including procurement, contracts and office management
- Excellent oral and written English fluency required. Proficiency in Russian/Kazakh language required
- Excellent communication, listening, and interpersonal skills with ability to understand sensitivities in dealing with wide variety of people from many countries and cultures
- Ability to manage projects, deadlines, and priorities in high pressure environment
- Commitment to international development and values-driven work environment
Please submit the following documents in English via email to email@example.com with "Kazakhstan – Finance & Administration" in the subject line by 28 April 2017:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Kazakhstan; this position is a local hire position in Kazakhstan. Applications will be reviewed as received.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.