Partnership Development Consultant, Jordan
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION & PURPOSE
The International Youth Foundation (IYF) is interested in engaging a Partnership Development Consultant (PDC) to work in close coordination with IYF’s Jordan and Baltimore teams to further enhance IYF’s business development efforts in Jordan.
The main objectives of the PDC will be:
- To support outreach to potential donors/ clients, and identifying specific partnership opportunities to pursue that would build on IYF’s core strengths/experience and/or expand impact/reach of existing programming.
- To support and advise IYF during any proposal/partnership development phases.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The PDC will support IYF in developing a pipeline of new partnership opportunities in Jordan that align with IYF’s technical focus areas and organizational strengths. The position will include actively marketing IYF’s capabilities, gathering intelligence about specific upcoming opportunities, and supporting program design and proposal development.
To accomplish the above the PDC, with guidance from the MENA Regional Director and MENA Partnership Development Manager based in Baltimore, will carry out the following tasks (Scope of Work):
- Develop a comprehensive and list of potential donors/clients in alignment with IYF’s capabilities/strengths ranked by importance/potential for success (approximately 4 days)
- Organize and participate, along with IYF Jordan’s Management Team, in meetings with targeted potential donors and funders, to collect information about donor priority areas, potential opportunities, and funding mechanisms (approximately 2 days)
- Support specific partnership development efforts once funding opportunities are identified, including:
- Obtaining specific information/intelligence for the identified opportunity (such as monetary value, scope of work, timing of procurement release, and any requirements for the proposal) through desk research, targeted in-person meeting(s) and phone calls with donors/clients (approximately 3 days)
- Collecting and analyzing any relevant documentation from donor websites such as RFPs/RFAs, FAQs, templates, and provide preliminary recommendations on next steps/priority actions (approximately 2 days)
- Brainstorming “win themes,” customized solutions, and proposed interventions with regard to donor interests and priorities and IYF past performance/capabilities (approximately 2 days)
- Participating in reviews of the proposal, incorporating feedback, and ensuring that the document is compliant with and responsive to the solicitation requirements (approximately 2 days)
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
up to 15 days between December 10th, 2016 - March 31st, 2017
PAYMENT & DELIVERABLES SCHEDULE
- List all deliverables referred to in the Scope of Work with due dates. For fixed fee contracts, payments should be tied to a deliverable.
- Contractor must invoice IYF for all payments after the payment upon signature, if any.
- Approved invoices will be paid within 30 days of receipt.
IYF will work with the selected candidate to determine a work plan with milestones based on the above and the level of effort.
The consultant will be paid a daily rate. No costs associated with travel, transportation, accommodations, meals, and incidentals of the consultant within this Scope of Work will be reimbursed to consultant.
All applications must be submitted in English. Please submit the following documents via email to email@example.com with "Partnership Development Consultant- Jordan" in the subject line by 30 November 2016:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
- Completed Biodata Sheet
Please note only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please. International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.