Program Manager, Turkey
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION & JOB PURPOSE
The primary responsibility of this position will be to ensure the successful implementation of the Syrian Refugee Employability Program (SREP) in Istanbul, Turkey. SREP is an innovative capacity strengthening program enhancing the knowledge and ability of civil society organizations working in Turkey to implement best practice employability and employment programs targeted towards Syrian refugee youth in Turkey. The primary objective of SREP is to assess the current socio-economic and livelihood conditions of young Syrian refugees as specifically related to their employment needs, challenges, and opportunities; and build the capacity of three Turkish NGOs to design, adapt, deliver, and evaluate an employability program for Syrian youth living in Turkey. Informed by the assessment and capacity building workshops, IYF will develop an adapted Employability Capacity Strengthening Toolkit, which will ultimately be disseminated for all relevant stakeholders as they build their capacity in employability programming targeting Syrian refugees in Turkey. The Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing program management, including managing relations with relevant stakeholders and civil society organizations, facilitating capacity strengthening workshops of the three Turkish NGOs, the quality and timeliness of deliverables, as well as coordinating programmatic activities.
The Program Manager will work with IYF’s Middle East Program Director, who is based at their headquarters in Baltimore, to provide technical input into the design and implementation of employability programs for youth. This includes providing direct training, technical support, and coaching to the three NGOs. The ideal candidate will have experience in youth education or workforce development, as well as experience designing and conducting participatory training workshops.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize, design, adapt, and deliver capacity building workshops to local NGOs working with Syrian youth based on IYF’s models
- Provide direct and substantial technical support and coaching to local NGOs working with Syrian youth in designing and developing successful employability programs for youth
- Help the NGOs identify and cultivate strategic partnerships with potential employers
- Collect and analyze data, and prepare written reports as needed by the program’s Monitoring and Evaluation plan
- Contribute to writing assigned sections of the quarterly reports, annual implementation plans, and other communication material
- Lead efforts in organizing final learning event
- Other duties may be assigned by the Middle East Program Director.
Reports directly to the Middle East Program Director in Baltimore.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in education, business, public administration, social sciences, or a closely related field. A Master’s Degree is highly preferred.
- At least 5 years experience working in international development, ideally in youth education or workforce development programs.
- Experience designing and conducting participatory training workshops.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and diplomacy in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and for long hours as needed.
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and can work with minimal supervision; comfortable working with multiple actors in the public/private sector, and/or civil society.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Previous experience working with public sector, private sector, civil society, and donor community.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Turkish, additional Arabic is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel to IYF headquarters in Baltimore, USA for training, as needed.
Please submit the following documents in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Turkey – Program Manager" in the subject line by May 15, 2017.
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work and reside in Turkey. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.