Temporary Finance and Administration, Zimbabwe
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION & JOB PURPOSE
The primary responsibility of this temporary position will be financial and office administration of the IYF Zimbabwe office under the technical supervision of the Director of International Finance and Administration based out of the USA headquarters and daily oversight of the Country Director based in Harare, during a temporary 4 month period.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Record and account for daily transactions in QuickBooks accounting software.
- Submit monthly documentation to IYF USA for month-end closing.
- Serve as petty cash custodian.
- Process cash disbursements in accordance with financial management policies and established approval levels.
- Process payroll, collects timesheets, remits tax and other government contributions and reports to local agencies.
- Responsible for full accounts payable function from procurement through payment.
- Process employee expense reimbursements.
- Ensure timely payment to all IYF payees and maintains sufficient and complete payee files.
- Prepare and submits monthly VAT reports and requests for reimbursement.
- Maintain monthly schedules, including inventory, Paid-Time-Off (PTO) tracking, etc.
- Responsible for procurement activities in accordance with IYF procurement policy.
- Oversee administration of human resources, including but not limited to, maintaining personnel files, processing professional development benefit requests, etc.
- Maintain office files.
Technical supervision and oversight of finance, accounting and administration duties will be provided by the Director, International Finance & Administration based in Baltimore. Daily oversight will be provided by the Country Director based in Zimbabwe.
- Bachelors' degree in accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years experience working in the Country Finance Officer role.
- 3-5 years experience providing administrative support, including procurement, contracts, and office management.
- Excellent oral and written English fluency required. Proficiency in local/other language a plus.
- Commitment to international development and values-driven work environment.
NOTE: This is a 4 – 5 month temporary position, 8 hours per day (from 8:30 to 17:30), 5 days per week, Monday through Friday.
Please submit the following documents in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Zimbabwe – Finance & Administration Temp" in the subject line by 28 February 2017:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Zimbabwe; this position is a local hire temporary position in Zimbabwe. Applications will be reviewed as received.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.