Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
The International Youth Foundation (IYF) invests in the extraordinary potential of young people. Founded in 1990, IYF builds and maintains a worldwide community of businesses, governments, and civil society organizations committed to empowering youth to be healthy, productive, and engaged citizens. IYF programs are catalysts for change that help young people obtain a quality education, gain employability skills, make healthy choices, and improve their communities. To learn more visit www.iyfnet.org.
With funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the International Youth Foundation (IYF) is working in partnership with the Jordanian Ministry of Social Development (MOSD) to design and implement Youth:Work Jordan (YWJ) - a five year holistic youth development program to improve social services and protection for vulnerable populations, with an overarching focus on youth employability and civic engagement. YWJ will achieve this goal through the delivery of comprehensive community based activities to meet the needs of disadvantaged youth between 5 and 24 years of age that fall under four components: 1) Increased Youth Access to Market-Driven Life, Employability, and Entrepreneurial Skills Training; 2) Provision of Youth Friendly Services; 3) Expanded Civic Engagement of Youth; and 4) Policy Coordination.
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in all daily monitoring and evaluation related work for several designated YWJ target communities.
- Support the implementation of surveys, tools, and forms according to the YWJ Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Support the M&E Specialist in the conduct of mid-term and final evaluations.
- Assist the M&E Specialist in training YWJ grantees (Community-Based Organizations) in several designated communities on the accurate use of monitoring systems, providing ongoing coaching/support through regular site monitoring visits, and ensuring quality control and troubleshooting problems as needed.
- Assist in the verification and input of all forms and surveys that have been provided by YWJ grantees into YWJ’s online M&E data system.
- Assist in the analysis of results and development of monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports, in addition to other M&E data reports, papers, and presentations for various audiences (e.g. USAID, MOSD, Technical Working Group) and tabulating and verifying data as needed.
- Maintain confidential information and ensure integrity of YWJ’s M&E data and online system.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a social science, development or equivalent standard of education
- 1-2 years of experience in conducting research and carrying out evaluations. Knowledge of/experience with programs that support youth employment and/or social services (e.g. education, health) preferred.
- Academic training or specialized coursework in monitoring and evaluation is strongly preferred.
- Excellent experience in research, reporting and conducting surveys.
- Experience with USAID programs and systems/regulations preferred.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong computer skills particularly in SPSS, spreadsheets and database management.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time within Jordan.
Please submit the following documents via email to email@example.com with "Jordan M&E Coordinator" in the subject line:
· Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
· Cover Letter
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.