Program Technical Specialist, Employability, Tanzania
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION & JOB PURPOSE
The primary responsibility of this position will be to lead labor market assessments and support partners to enhance their employability activities, including the career planning and life skills orientation; support industry partnerships development; ensure that technical and on-the-job training are sector relevant; and improve job placement services. This position will support the other technical specialists and ensure employability training is effectively implemented across partners.
The Program Technical Specialist, Employability will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The ideal candidate will be a person with a commitment to international development and values-driven work environment, with demonstrated experience implementing employability into youth development programs in Tanzania.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee labor market assessments and design employability interventions, in partnership with implementing partners, private sector, and public sector stakeholders.
- Support day to day technical efforts in the implementation and evaluation of programs, including the follow up of partner implementation to ensure quality and timely delivery of youth interventions.
- Provide technical assistance to partners in developing and implementing the program’s employability component/interventions, providing a quality assurance role.
- Ensure partner capacity development plans developed and implemented, based on quality standards for vocational training
- Deliver training, coaching and quality assurance related to youth employability, to partner organizations.
- Support IYF’s Tanzania team in partner coordination efforts and the day to day follow up of professional relationships with key actors, relevant Ministries, private sector, training institutions and NGOs in relation to prospective and program activities.
- Provide regular updates on implementation progress and prepare required contributions to quarterly reports, and generate other technical reports as required.
- Identify any problems and challenges that may arise and offer solutions accordingly.
Reports to Country Director based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Bachelors’ degree and 8+ years of work experience in workforce development, youth employment programs. Experience working on Public Private Partnerships is a plus.
- Academic training or specialized coursework in employability or related areas is strongly preferred.
- Experience in vocational training systems and employment agencies/institutions.
- Experience with interview techniques and job search.
- Established professional in Tanzania, with ability to engage, maintain and build upon local partnerships with donors, government and private sector stakeholders and community based organizations.
- Demonstrated experience successfully working with the public sector, the private sector, civil society, community based organizations, local communities, local government and donors and in developing effective capacity building methods.
- Experience in curriculum assessment, training methodologies and conducting and evaluating training activities.
- Ability to effectively balance clear articulation and support for employability integration into youth programs with execution (attention to detail).
- Knowledge of/experience with programs that support youth employment and/or social services (e.g. education, employment, entrepreneurship, health) preferred.
- Excellent life skills (psycho-social competencies related to employability).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Swahili and English.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Please submit the following documents in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Tanzania – Employability Specialist" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
Applications will be reviewed as received. Tanzanian nationals are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please. To be considered for this position please follow application instructions.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.