Social Expert, Jordan
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION & PURPOSE
The Social Expert will oversee the implementation of technical activities under the project in three governorates, including Zarqa, Irbid and Ma’an. S/he will be based in Amman, Jordan, on a full-time basis and will supervise the three regional Coordinators and assigned Supervisors in the governorates and will report directly to the Project Manager.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Serve as the technical lead for capacity building and program implementation activities; providing strategic and programmatic leadership in the three targeted governorates, and ensuring that all project activities are results driven and being carried out in a structured, integrated and quality manner.
Responsible for the yearly work planning of the outreach and programs activities in accordance with the program goals and objectives. Also work with coordinators & supervisors to plan implementation of visits on a monthly and quarterly basis.
Manage and follow-up the work of the governorate coordinators, Supervisors and Social Workers in the three targeted governorates. Provide guidance and troubleshoot issues as needed to enhance the effectiveness and quality of outreach activities.
Reviewing the feedback on the performance of the Outreach Supervisors and Social Workers, spot checking and conducting monitoring visits as needed, and recommend on any capacity building support they need and/or how to manage the personnel in the field.
In collaboration with the Project Manager, review and compare the data existing in poverty support databases (i.e. ISTD/ NUR) to our current data resources and needs.
In collaboration with the Project Manager design the methodology and tools for effective referral process and tracking.
Work with the IT Expert to develop the system specifications for building the electronic case management system and key performance indicators database system and support the design and development of the system with the selected service provider.
Oversee quality of outreach and referral activities to ensure the satisfaction of targeted beneficiaries and partners and ensure the overall quality management of the Case Management System (CMS)
Establish and maintain relationships with the major public sector project stakeholders including NUR and all poverty assistance partners including donors to ensure effectiveness of the referral system and provide the necessary support for project beneficiaries.
In coordination with the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer, Review the achieved targets and analyze data on the assigned community and work with Project Manager to make decisions based on current collected data.
Document best practices and lessons learned and ensure learnings are integrated into project implementation and shared across the project team, MOPIC PMU and partners.
Draft reports and other project materials as requested including but not limited to monthly, quarterly, and end of year reports.
Reports directly to the Project Manager based in Amman.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social studies, development, marketing or communication studies.
- 5+ years of experience in implementing/managing large-scale social science surveys and/or supervising field workers.
- Knowledge of/experience with programs that support youth employment and/or social services (e.g. education, health) preferred.
- Experience in working with and building the capacity of local organizations, including training and managing trainers.
- Experience working in the MENA region is preferred. Experience working with a diversity of donors is a plus.
- Must possess strong attention to detail, reliability, organizational and time management skills.
- Flexibility to respond to some periods of high pressure is required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Must be a self starter who takes initiative and is comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and diplomacy in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Experience working on Social development programs in Jordan and/or the Middle East region is preferred.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent of English and Arabic, both written and oral.
- Ability and willingness to regularly travel within Jordan.
Please submit the following documents in English via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Jordan – Social Expert" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
Applications will be reviewed as received. Jordanian nationals are encouraged to apply.
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.